Monday, April 3, 2017

Blog Post 1: Testing, testing, one two three

Hello blog!

I haven't ever used a blog before, but I'm excited to start one for this amazing study abroad opportunity!


I'll start off this blog post by introducing myself.

My name is Becca Duncan and I am a second year student at the University of Washington. I will be majoring in Economics and minoring in Global Health. I am studying Economics because I am fascinated by economic development and the study of economic policies in different countries, and how those policies impact a country's citizen. In addition, I am extremely interested in getting involved with NGOs and non-profit organizations, and would love to work as an attorney that can help a humanitarian NGO to create strategic plans of how to help its target audience. So, I am seriously thinking of becoming an attorney with a focus on economic development law or public interest law. In addition, I have a personal passion for getting involved in the global community; I believe we can no longer think in terms of small communities or states, and that we must take care of each other, no matter what town we come from or what language we speak. I want to learn how I can connect this belief to what I actually do in my day-to-day life.  

I am so excited to learn from this amazing study abroad experience! 

Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment